Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday Pet Round Up

Hi and welcome to Monday Pet Round Up!

*June is Adopt a Shelter Cat Month. To help you find your perfect match, the ASPCA's breaks down different cat purr-sonality.

* When choosing a college, how many students had "allows my dog" on the list of campus requirements? Probably not too many. Most colleges have a strict No Pets rule. (When I attended Syracuse University, I was so desperate for a pet that I adopted a hermit crab, one of the few types of animals allowed in the dorm.) The New York Times reports that a growing number of colleges are now allowing pets. Among the colleges listed were MIT, State University of New York at Canton, and Washington & Jefferson.

* And if the dogs can go to college, why not to a concert? Dogster blog reports on an Aussie concert that went to the dogs!

*Find out why Dr. Marty Becker, from the Pet Connection blog, says "Throw out your pets' food bowls!"

* What percentage of pet owners carry a photo of their pet in their wallet? 15%? 45%? 65%? Find out from USA Today.

*Thinking of an afternoon at the new movie Marmaduke? Check out the movie trailer here. (Unfortunately, reviews aren't too promising.)

* Do animals go to heaven? Check back tomorrow for a review of Ptolemy Tompkins new book, The Divine Life of Animals.

What do you think? Thumbs up or thumbs down for movies with talking animals? Did you have a pet at college (legally or not?!) And what pet photos do you carry in your wallet?

5 comments:

journalwriter said...

I don't have a photo of my cat Sophie in my wallet but I do have her on my blog and Twitter and Facebook pages!

Barbara Techel said...

I say thumbs down to talking animals in movies-- I don't know, it just sort of creeps me out for some reason.
And yes, I have pictures in my purse of Frankie and Kylie... of course!

Barbara Techel
Award winning author of the Frankie the Walk ‘N Roll Dog Book Series
My passion is bringing a positive face and voice to animals with disabilities
Frankie is Wisconsin Pet Hall of Fame Companion Dog
http://www.joyfulpaws.com
http://www.frankiethewalknrolldog.blogspot.com

Peggy Frezon said...

Yup, the pet photo on Twitter and Facebook is the modern alternative to the wallet!

Peggy Frezon said...

Thanks for the comment Barbara. I'm glad you carry pix of Frankie and Kylie with you. I, too, have pictures of my dogs (in addition to my kids!) in my purse. I feel the same about talking animals in movies. Maybe it's okay for really little kids. They probably enjoy it.

Barbara Techel said...

I say thumbs down to talking animals in movies-- I don't know, it just sort of creeps me out for some reason.
And yes, I have pictures in my purse of Frankie and Kylie... of course!

Barbara Techel
Award winning author of the Frankie the Walk ‘N Roll Dog Book Series
My passion is bringing a positive face and voice to animals with disabilities
Frankie is Wisconsin Pet Hall of Fame Companion Dog
http://www.joyfulpaws.com
http://www.frankiethewalknrolldog.blogspot.com

ShareThis