Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Kelly Goes Bananas

Kelly loves treats. (What dog doesn't?) But I've never thought to give her anything banana before. That is, until Bil-Jac sent me these awesome banana flavored snacks just for dogs. First of all, you've gotta love the names: Yapple-nanas and PB-nanas.

The treats are made with chicken and fresh chicken liver, and Yapple-nanas are banana and apple flavored, while PB-nanas are banana and peanut butter flavored. They contain no gluten meals or soy products. The treats are small, soft bits which would be great for training.

When I opened the packet, the fruity aroma was strong, but I thought pleasant. And Kelly was eagerly awaiting her first taste.

Does Kelly like banana flavor? Absolutely, she's crazy for it! Yapple-nanas and PB-nanas will be her training treat of choice from now on.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yum. I'm always looking for treats without fillers for Princess. We'll have to check this out. Thanks!

Peggy Frezon said...

Stephanie, let me know how Princess likes them. Kelly says Yum!

sylviadickeysmithbooks said...

Sounds good enough for humans to eat! We just babysat our daughters dog for a month and fell in love with her--but like grandbaby's visits, we were happy for her to go home! LOL

www,sylviadickeysmithbooks.wordpress.com

Peggy Frezon said...

LOL Sylvia. What kind of dog was it? Like any good grandparent, I hope you gave it lots of spoiling!

Patricia Stoltey said...

They didn't have that type of treat back when I had a dog. My pug, however, loved certain fruits and vegetables, especially raw cabbage and cooked peas. My kids didn't like peas, so you can imagine how clever they were at indulging the pug's odd tastes.

Peggy Frezon said...

Oh yes Patricia, those kids were clever! Peas are great for your pug, also carrots and green beans. Some fruit is not good for dogs, such as grapes.

Mary Haight said...

Thanks for this review, Peggy! My dog love apples and bananas and it's good to know they have no fillers! Great looking dog, by the way:)))

Peggy Frezon said...

Kelly says thank you Mary for the compliment. She is part cocker spaniel and part long-haired dachshund and part who knows what! I hope your dog will enjoy these treats.

Peggy Frezon said...

LOL Sylvia. What kind of dog was it? Like any good grandparent, I hope you gave it lots of spoiling!

ShareThis