Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Pet Roundup

Hi and welcome to Monday Pet Roundup!

* I'll occasionally review a pet product I think you'll find helpful, and csn stores contacted me recently with another great offer to review one of their products. At their website you can find everything from a bedroom vanity to a braided rug to a barbecue grill...but seriously, you're going to love their wide range of pet products. Stay tuned in the following weeks for my review!

* You may have heard of Ricochet the surfing dog. Now meet Outback Addie! This rescue dog was once afraid of everything, but now look at her go! Hang twenty, dude!

* Take the USA Today poll. Should dogs be allowed in restaurants?

* Neil Genlinger suggests that we may be wasting too much time watching cute pets on TV, movies and the Internet. In his New York Times article he notes that one You Tube video, "Surprised Kitty" received more than 28,500,000 views. The clip is only 17 seconds long, but this amounts to 15 years of time spent (he says "wasted") watching this. I don't know about you, but I think that 17 seconds of my life was worth it!

*Chocolate...grapes...onions. Zootoo reminds us to keep these foods away from our pets.

* My vet warned me that my dog Kelly shared many of the same risks as I due to being overweight. At Dancing Dog Blog, Mary Haight shares some authoritative insight on dogs and human diseases.

9 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Gosh, that means I waste a minute every day of my life reading LOL Cats! Which beats reading that NY Times article any day.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

It's not keeping chocolate away from my pets -- it's keeping chocolate away from me!

Love your blog. Thanks for the links and polls. Roland

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

Peggy Frezon said...

I agree Diane, we all need a smile and a laugh.
Roland, I have trouble keeping away from the chocolate too!

24 Paws of Love said...

It was worth every 17 seconds and I'd do it again! And if it considered wasting my life enjoy the love of animals...I'm in big trouble!! Great blog.

Mary Haight said...

Grumpy newspaper person, mad as cat hell at internet, needs to meet up with mean kitty video star for a good "slap out of it" session:)I watched that 17 seconds more than once...okay, maybe four times - found it to be a great mood changer!

Thank you very much for the post mention, Peggy - it's much appreciated!

Peggy Frezon said...

Thanks Paws and Mary! We'll keep watching that video, just to show grumpy newspaper person!

Kim said...

I watched that video about 6 or 7 times over the course of a few weeks. Those were the best 102 - 119 seconds of my days and I'm proud to say so.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

ShareThis