Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kelly visits life-size sculptures

I can't wait to show you pictures from our weekend outing with Kelly. But first, Peggy's Pet Place has a new look! I'm excited by the new colors and size. (Please bear with me as I tweak.)

Now, back to the family outing. We took Kelly with us to tour the Sculpture in the Streets in downtown Albany NY. A city, even a fairly small one like Albany, can be intimidating to a little dog. But I think she had a great time.

The statues, by American artist Seward Johnson, are life-sized bronze sculptures of ordinary people in everyday activities. The fun part is that, from a distance, pedestrians or motorists passing by might be tricked into thinking the statues are real!

Join us on the tour:


"I'm trying to be good and stay for my picture, but there is so much to see here."
















"Enough yakking ladies. Can't we get up and play in the park?"















































"Nope. Nothing good in the news today."















"Okay, but don't come at me with those huge clippers!























"You don't mind if I read over your shoulder do you?"



















We hope you enjoyed the sculptures. Are there statues like this in your community? If not, come visit Albany! The sculptures will be on display through October.

24 comments:

Gloria said...

I sure was fooled at first! They are just beautiful, and the way you posed.............WOW!

Mr. Pip said...

Love the new header! Boy, those statues look real!

Your pal, Pip

Kate Fenner said...

The new website looks fantastic, I love it!

The statues are beautiful, and Kelly sure cooperated well for the photos! I'm impressed!

jen said...

It took me a minute to realize that those were statues! LOL!
Great pictures!

You site great! Love the colors:)

Maggie said...

The new design looks great! And good job, Kelly, for posing with all those statues! So cute!

Priscilla said...

Love the new design, it's beautiful.

You really know how to take pictures together with those people.

What? They are sculptures???But they look so real!!!

Pup Fan said...

I love public art! It's so fun when you can interact with the pieces... great photos!

Rod@GoPetFriendly said...

Fantastic facelift Peggy! Love, love, love the clean layout!

Fun pictures, too! Reminds me of the famous people that pose with Ty and Buster!

George the Lad said...

Kelly you looked so cool in them photos, your are a natural poser.
Those sculptures wow, they are stunning, the last one looks a bit like chocolate!!
See Yea George xxx

Donna B. Russell said...

Great new design, Peggy, and the pictures are terrific. Love your captions. Kelly is quite the photographer's model, isn't she!

Frankie Furter said...

The blog looks grrrreat. I LOVE the statues.. Kelly did a super duper job of posing.

Peggy Frezon said...

Mmm chocolate. I like the way you think, George!

The Teacher's Pets said...

Hi Peggy,
Your header looks great! I noticed the change right away! Now that I have taken away the gadgets and gizmos and (hopefully) gotten rid of viruses I just might do some tweaking myself!
I love that Kelly was adventurous enough to pose with those life-like people! I have a feeling she is unafraid of anything new, right? Our coonhound would've thought those "people" were real and then barked her little head off!

Marg said...

Kelly your were terrific and those pictures were the best. Brought a huge smile to Mom's face. Well done. Those statues really are fun.
We love the new look of the website.

Peggy Frezon said...

Kelly wasn't afraid of the statues at all, but she was a little overwhelmed at being in the city. Lots of new sights and smells.

mayziegal said...

Those are some AMAZING pictures! I luved the one of her looking over the back of the park bench. What a good girl she is to pose so pretty like that! She's such a super model!

Oh, and I do luv the new look of your site. It's super terrific!

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

24 Paws of Love said...

Wow, those are impressive. The two old ladies on the bench really fooled me. Never seen anything like it. Must of been interesting. Kelly looks so cute with all the "people"

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

that is hilarious how she just sits there!! beautiful pictures!

shadytales said...

What cool photos, love them. Your dog is a natural born model. The page looks wonderful too, nice job! I am very impressed with both...

Shady

Kim Clune said...

OMG. Kelly's photos are wonderful! The statues are hysterical with a dog in their midst. Terrific new web design too!

Baron and Jester said...

Hi Kelly,
This is our first time visiting your site. We love it! You are a very photogenic.
Hugs, Baron and Jester

In Real Life said...

Wow! Wonderful photos! It looks like a fun day out! Those are amazing sculptures!

Frankie, the Walk 'N Roll Dog said...

What fun photos, Peggy! And looked like you both had a great time. Just love the statues.
And your new look is awesome too!

shadytales said...

What cool photos, love them. Your dog is a natural born model. The page looks wonderful too, nice job! I am very impressed with both...

Shady

ShareThis