Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Pet Roundup

Hi and welcome to Monday Pet Roundup!

* Collars on cats--Choking hazard or crucial means of ID? The NYTimes reports on the findings of a new study.

* How about a new source of energy fueled by...ummmm...dog poo. The Miami Herald has the story.

* A less-effective use of dog poo: The Chicago Sun Times reports that a Naperville women got into trouble for exacting creative revenge after her neighbor's dog left its calling cards on her lawn.

* I have to get off this subject. Okay, here's a new iphone and ipad app: ilounge reviews "iKnow Dogs HD+" dog breed guide ($8, Alphablind Studios). See how they rate it.

* Finally, for your chuckle for the day, TODAY Pets alerted me to this great site, 103 Pugs in Little Jackets. Irresistible pugs all dressed up for the fall weather. Click and get ready to smile!

What about you? Do you put collars on your cats? Sweaters on your pugs?

14 comments:

Priscilla said...

Sorry can't really answer your questions as I neither have a cat or a pug. I see most of my neighbours' cats have no collars as they think their kitties don't need it. For a pug, well, I don't think so. I find the pugs look better with their own coat on!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

My cats are indoor only, so I've never placed a collar on them.

Will have to check out the pugs!

jen said...

I don't h ave any cats but
I like the idea of a microchip if the cat is going to go outside.

Mr. Pip said...

My feline siblings do not wear collars. They are indoor cats, but are microchipped just in case.

I do have a few sweaters and jackets for the cold Chicago winters!

Your pal, Pip

Kate Fenner said...

I never even considered NOT putting a collar on our cat, even though she is only an indoor cat. When we got her, we got an ID tag for her collar. But also, we use it for her rabies tag...I thought it was required that pets display the rabies tag? I might be wrong, but I just thought it was best for Cinnamon in case she ever snuck out.

Frankie Furter said...

I'm thinkin' that cats need some way to identify them. If not a collar... then a microchip.. I have BOTH.

Pup Fan said...

I am cracking up over these pug photos! Thanks. :)

Life with 5 dogs said...

I have always heard that putting collars on cats isn't a good thing.

Hound Girl said...

I dont have any cats, but that was interesting to read - i didnt know about that.

Benny and Lily said...

Good stuff to know those pugs in a mlion jackets was great. Thank for our frisbee, we will post about it soon
Benny & Lily

Maggie Mae said...

Miss Peggy,
No kittehs in my house, but I know dat my mom's sister puts a collar on her kitteh. The pug pictures is sooo cutes!

WOofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

24 Paws of Love said...

We'd like to thank you for your wonderful blog and your stories about Kelly. We'd also like to thank you for helping other animals who need it. We have an award for you.

http://24pawsoflove.blogspot.com/2010/09/thank-you-for-our-award.html

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Awwww!!!

We are furiends of Maggie Mae's!!

We are from Chi-town and yes, our Momma puts sweaters on us in 'da fall and jackets on us's in 'da winters and we's be's Puggies!!

Hugs!!
IzZY, Josie and Anakin Man

L. Diane Wolfe said...

My cats are indoor only, so I've never placed a collar on them.

Will have to check out the pugs!

ShareThis