Be the Change for Animals is celebrating another Blog the Change Day! This is a great day to blog about a cause near and dear to our hearts, inspire involvement, and share that vision with the BtC community! This event positively impacts animals and advocates one-one one.
The cause I'm choosing today is Petfinder. Although most of you are probably already familiar with Petfinder, I think it's important to keep spreading the word. And since October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month, it seems quite fitting.
Of course, I have another great reason for promoting Petfinder. They are how I found Kelly!
Here are some things we can all do to help spread the word about Petfinder's adoptable cats and dogs waiting to find their furever homes. From the Petfinder website:
1. Donate your Facebook status. Just paste this message into the "What's on your mind?" box at the top of your page: "October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month. Save a life: Adopt a dog! http://www.petfinder.com"
2. Tweet, retweet and repeat the following (or your own brilliant message): "October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month. Save a life: Adopt a dog! http://www.petfinder.com #savedogs"
3. Share an adoptable dog or a Petfinder dog-adoption Happy Tail on your blog, Facebook or Twitter (hashtag #savedogs) page each day of the month.
4. Add a Petfinder widget or banner to your Web site or blog.
5. Pass on an understanding of the importance of pet adoption to the next generation. Talk to your kids, nieces, nephews, grandchildren and other up-and-comers about animal shelters and why Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month, and pet adoption in general, is important.