Friday, December 10, 2010

Homemade Holiday Gifts for Pets

Thinking of a handmade gift for your pet this holiday? Here are some fun ideas from Martha Stewart's Pets, via Pet Happy! What about you? Are you thinking of trying one of these ideas? Have you made your pet a great homemade gift?

(All photos courtesy of PetHappy.com.)

* Pet ID tags. Get the instructions here.










* Pet travel cushion. This uses bath towels. Get the instructions here.








* Dot painted pet bowl. Get the instructions here.









* Fleece dog coat. Requires some sewing skills. Get the instructions here.










Cardigan dog sweater: Turn a cardigan sweater into this adorable dog sweater! Needed: basic sewing skills. Get the instructions here.

11 comments:

Priscilla said...

That's a wonderful idea of making homemade gifts for our pets or even for our friends' pets! Thanks for sharing the links.

Gloria said...

OH BOY! Looking into the sewing projects!

Maggie said...

So, so cute! I'm not super crafty, but that travel bed looks like it's worth a try!

Brian said...

Lots of cute critter goodies!

Marg said...

Those look like some great ideas. WE might have to try some of them. Like the dishes. Thanks for telling us about these ideas. Take care.

Barbara Techel said...

What fun ideas! Thanks for sharing!

K9friend said...

Cute ideas, but no time to implement. I made a trip to the local dog bakery for holiday goodies instead.

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Karen Friesecke said...

Nice ideas for crafty people! there's nothing better than making an X-mas gift by hand :)

Mary Haight said...

Great ideas, Peggy! I think homemade is pretty cool - I may not be proficient with the sewing machine, but I can hand-stitch with the best of them:) Thanks!

Lori @ According to Gus said...

Fun post...I LOVE those ID tags!

Anonymous said...

Having read this I thought it was really informative.
I appreciate you finding the time and effort to put this informative article together.

I once again find myself spending way too much time both reading and leaving
comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!

Also visit my blog post: Vacation Reply

ShareThis