Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dog Food By Nature

I've made a commitment to give Kelly the best dog food that I can afford. I already see results, particularly in her bloodwork results. Labs that were elevated or borderline are now all normal. I definitely believe that her health is improved by quality food.

We haven't settled on one type of food, although we've found several that we like (and can afford.) Recently, Rob at by Nature® Natural and Organic Pet Foods contacted me and asked if Kelly might like to sample some of their food.


Here are some facts about by Nature®:

* small New England based company

* uses no fillers (such as corn, wheat, or soy)

* uses high quality, natural ingredients

* includes vitamins, minerals and antioxidants

* offers a natural, nutritionally complete organic line (organic meat, grains, fruits and vegetables, all USDA, Oregon Tilth or OCIA International Certified Organic.)

On their website, I visited "Share Your Story" where I learned about other pets who have benefited from by Nature® pet food.

When the big bag arrived, Kelly was ready to dig in. Kelly received the organic chicken formula for dogs. The number one ingredient is organic chicken. Among the other ingredients are brown rice, organic peas, and organic spinach. The food actually smelled good, and was in nice, little kibbles. Kelly loves this food, and gives it 4 paws up!
Thank you by Nature® for letting us sample this food, and for the neat canvas tote, too!

Note: by Nature® provided us with an 8 lb. bag of dog food to sample, but all the opinions in this review are my own (and Kelly's!)

12 comments:

FiveSibesMom said...

Sounds good...especially the part of Kelly's improved labs...I think a lot of people may not realize just how far reaching a dog's diet is. Keep us posted!

Brian said...

Kelly, you are the cutest! We're trying to eat healthy too and we actually like it! Great review!!!

The Teacher's Pets said...

Thanks for the review and if the food is cheaper than the Instinct dog food than we will slowly switch Daisy to "By Nature". I'm going to look at their website asap.

Marg said...

That does sound like good food. I would like to get these dogs on some healthy food. Just don't know if it will match our budget. Thanks for telling us about it.

Benny and Lily said...

looks like good stuff
Benny & Lily

Priscilla said...

Thanks for the review. I will check it out right away!

Gloria said...

This is wonderful! Sure wish Billy would eat dog food! He is giving us a hard time again about what he eats.

Life Student said...

Love to know what it costs retail, and if it's available north of the border.

Kolchak Puggle said...

Good dog food may cost more now, but it can save you a bundle in vet bills over your dog's life! Not enough people realize just how important quality nutrition is to a happy, healthy pet. Paws up for endeavoring to give Kelly the best!

offtheleashsd said...

I'll have to see if this food is available in my area. I recently switched mine to a grain-free product and can't believe the savings. With more protein in the food, they eat a lot less. Thanks for the great information.

Lori @ According to Gus said...

Gus has food allergies and we switched him from homemade to Natural Balance Potato and Duck. It pained us to stop making his food, but all of his issues cleared up. So glad to hear you're finding something that works for Kelly!

Amy said...

We feed Buster and Ty a dehydrated, raw dog food from The Honest Kitchen. In addition to being really convenient for us (a 10lb box makes 43lbs of food when it's reconstituted with hot water), it's also human-grade, and made with top-notch ingredients. The first time I took the dogs to the vet after I started feeding them this he lowered the dosages of both their medications! I can't swear it was the food, but it's the only thing I changed. It also smells really good - and in a pinch, Rod and I can eat it too!

ShareThis