Monday, April 11, 2011

Pet food on the go

This is how I usually packed when traveling with my dog: a plastic grocery bag filled with food, a random handful of treats, and a leaky margarine tub of water. Not a very glamorous, or effective, packing job.
















Fortunately, I've now upgraded. Thanks to csn stores, which recently invited me to test drive some of their awesome pet products, I've discovered two handy products I don't know how we lived without.














First up is the Drinkwell Hydro-Go Canteen. It holds enough water to keep your dog well-hydrated on roadtrips and hikes. Just flip down the convenient fold-out bowl. When your dog is done, if there is any water left over, don't waste it! Simply tip the bowl back up and it funnels the unused water back into the canteen! Can you tell how much I love this? No more drinking out of margarine tubs for Kelly!



















Next is the Omega Paw Little Buddy Lunch Box. Simple fill the plastic bin with enough food for your vacation. (This smallest size holds up to 12 cups. Larger sizes are available.) Then at dinner time, scoop out food and pour into the handy built-in bowl in the cover. There's even an extra bowl for water, and a sturdy handle. So this convenient unit serves as both carrying container and feeder.











So now Kelly is all set to go on a trip! If you are looking for great travel supplies for your dog, I think you'd like these products too.

Full disclosure: CSN Stores provides me with a gift card in exchange for this review, however all opinions are 100% my own.

12 comments:

Kim Clune said...

These look perfect for Kelly! I just wonder how they fare for a dog the size of our Newf. Not to mention, that adorable little water bottle would need a drool strainer, for sure, before we ever recycled Shamus' water back into the container. LOL. Oh, the joys of giant breeds. I guess we'll stick with our gallon jugs and a water bowl. So glad you found a great travel solution though!

Gloria said...

Awesome products!

Linda O'Connell said...

Kelly is a cutie and the inventor of these items is a genious!

jen said...

Those look pretty neat!
I use a Ziploc bag for food and a huge water container for water, then I have 6 bowls!

Frankie Furter said...

OMD OMD... those are BOTH just perfect fur the dawg on the go!! I really like both concepts!!!

Benny and Lily said...

What a great idea. We wouldn't mind getting one of those
Benny & Lily

Bobbi said...

Oh, Peggy... that canteen is awesome and something that we could use! I'm always taking a water bottle and collapsable bowl. I'm going to check this out. Thanks for sharing!

24 Paws of Love said...

I love the canteen! I have seen sports bottle containers with the same function, but never one that size. Very cool!

offtheleashsd said...

A lunch box for pets is a great idea. I also love the water container. If only my cats enjoyed travel, I could actually use products like these. Thanks for the information, I love learning about new pet products.

Priscilla said...

Lunchboxes for dogs? Wow! Those are super cool!

Brian said...

That really is such a great idea for the traveling critters, bravo!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just saw one other message in another blog that appeared
like this. How are you aware all this stuff? That’s one cool post.


Here is my webpage - tips to get pregnant

ShareThis