Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday Pet Roundup

Hi and welcome to Wednesday Pet Roundup!

* From the Associated Press, the new Journal on Animal Ethics discourages using the term "pets" and suggests "companion animal," stating that "pets" belittles our relationship with animals. What do you think?

* New television show: EW.com reports on "My Cat from Hell." (What would the Journal on Animal Ethics think of that title?)

* In a public statement to CNET in response to opposition about the Android dog fighting app where players feed, train and fight their virtual dog against other players, Kage Games says that they don't condone violence against animals or humans, and the game is a "satire" and even educational. Instead, check out the PETA iphone app with real ways to help animals.

* Update on Patrick, the miracle pit bull who survived being dumped down trash chute: Patrick continues to improve and weighs in at 40 lbs now. The woman accused of his abuse pleaded not guilty in court. Have Dog Will Travel Blog does a great job at keeping everyone updated about Patrick.

* Smile! Enjoy watching Benny and Lily build their new house on Doggy Days blog!

11 comments:

jen said...

Great roundup!
I think "pets" is fine, why change a good thing?

Priscilla said...

Will check out the PETA iphone app right away.

Thanks!

3 doxies said...

Mum stopped callin' me a pet a long time ago...her prefers da term "pain in the butt". Maybe I should call da papers bout hers.

I agrre though, pets sound low class to me.

Puddles

Corbin said...

BOL... I'm a pet. I'm proud to be a pet. What's so wrong with pet?
-Corbin

Pup Fan said...

Awesome group of links, as always! :)

Brian said...

Great info! I just can't believe someone thinks a dog fighting app is a good idea.

Benny and Lily said...

Hey thats us...we are finished building our house!! BOL. Thanks Ms. Peggy
Benny & Lily

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Thanks for a great line of links!! BTW, Kelly is adorable in the flowers! Lots of love, Holly & Mom

georgia little pea said...

i think a dog is an animal, not a baby. a pet is a pet, while also being a companion animal. and a garbo is a garbo, even when they're called sanitation technicians.

Mr. Pip said...

I have been following Patrick's progress on facebook - what an amazing spirit he has!

Your pal, Pip

Bessie Mac said...

I don't mind "pets" either.

Dictionary.com's first definition of "pet":

"any domesticated or tamed animal that is kept as a companion and cared for affectionately."

All of my furbabies are definitely those things!

ShareThis