Friday, July 1, 2011

Best Dog, Dog of Honor, Ring Dogger

Dogs as Ring Bearer, Best Man, Maid of Honor...yes, today dogs are often a welcome part of a wedding. This new trend has launched new business ventures. Namely, services to help coordinate and wrangle pets for that special role. In the Wall Street Journal's blog, Sarah Needleman reports on some of these businesses that cater to dogs in weddings, including:

* Shadow and Marty's Pet Care Services, Plano TX. Will pick up the dog, get him dressed, and transport him to and from the ding ceremony for $100- $300.

* Colleen Page of TheWeddingDog.com. Has trained dogs, a pot belly pig, miniature horse and a goat to participate in weddings. Charges $2,500 and up.

Sarah Needleman also wrote this fun article for The Wall Street Journal, At Some Weddings, Man's Best Friend is Man's Best Man. (Great headline!)

10 comments:

georgia little pea said...

who would have thought someone would make a business out of wanting to include your best friend in your wedding day?

and not for peanuts either.

jen said...

I wanted my first Newf to walk me down the aisle! He was black and white! But at the rehearsal he got really nervous so we didn't push him to do it!

Benny and Lily said...

Oh dear!
Benny & Lily

Jan said...

I think dogs make a charming addition to any wedding, but the owners should do their own training.

Shawnelle said...

Wow! Interesting!

offtheleashsd said...

This article makes marriage sound more appealing. Thank you so much for sharing. I couldn't think of getting married without having my best friends there (even if they have four legs and fur).

Kristine said...

Fantastic! I am very jealous of the genius who realized they could make a living training dogs to be ring bearers. That's just so cool.

If we ever get married it would be fun to have our dog involved in some way, but I foresee great disaster for some reason...

♥I am Holly♥ said...

I think dogs in the wedding would be very good!!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Miss Kodee said...

I have to agree - including your pet is up to you and fine. But to pay upwards of $2500?!? OK... *shrugs*

Brian said...

I'm glad the rest of the family might have an opportunity to purrticipate now!!!

ShareThis