Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday Pet Roundup

Hi and Welcome to Wednesday Pet Roundup! I'm not sure what got into me this week, but kind of a strange roundup of animal stories. I guess the heat is getting to me! Speaking of heat, here is Kelly sitting out in the road on a very hot day. I don't think her tongue could have hung out any longer!

* Mashable shares that, in the UK, 1 in 10 pets have a social networking profile. Judging by how many dogs and cats I have as friends, I'd say that figure is the same or more here in the U.S.

* A hawk snatched a cat from a NYC backyard, but dropped him 50 feet away. What saved the cat? His extra pounds. According to the Daily News, his owner says "The moral of the story is, your flaws can be an asset. In Eddie's case, his chubbiness saved him."

* From Life with Dogs, here's a bulldog who took an SUV on a joyride!

* From CBS News, a Florida couple is found guilty in the case of the pet python that killed 2 yr old daughter. They were charged with third degree murder, manslaughter and child neglect. Defense argues that they are only guilty of "stupidity." I'd go with both.

7 comments:

Mr. Pip said...

I have lots of UK pet pals so I am guessing that stat is correct.

My feline sister Rosie will be happy to hear about that chubby cat. Of course, now we will never get her on a diet.

Your pal, Pip

jen said...

What a great picture of Kelly!
That python story still has me in shock!

Jan said...

Now my cat has a reason to overeat and lie around all day--owl attack.

Jess @ Instyledog said...

Wow! That story about Eddie & the hawk is absolutely crazy! Thankfully there aren't many hawks where I live :)

And man, I thought leaving your dog in your car was a bad idea just because of the heat ... guess that'll teach him :P

Pup Fan said...

"Your flaws can be an asset" - hehe. :)

Benny and Lily said...

Interesting stories. Years ago, a very sad story, my friends tiny chihuahua was snatched by an owl and she was right there. Heartbreaking. Thanks for the roundup
Benny & Lily

Kolchak Puggle said...

Hawks are *scary stuff*. We have one that lives in a tree in our front yard and I'm telling you. I watch Felix very closely when he is about!

ShareThis