Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hudson, The Puppy Years
















(above, my two kids with Hudson and a littermate.)

Because of the new movie, Marley and Me, The Puppy Years, just released on DVD, I've been thinking of our own "worst dog ever," our yellow lab, Hudson. He's been over the Rainbow Bridge for nearly a decade now, but we still think of him lovingly. Even Kelly, who used to eat all his food, steal his toys, and even drink all his water, loved him. We miss you, Hudson!

Hudson, the Puppy Years!














Baby Hudson liked to nap, but never too far away.
















Hudson was an excellent swimmer, but not a great hunter. He liked to swim WITH the ducks!
















Hudson's motto: Woof loudly and carry a big stick!

12 comments:

Gloria said...

Hudson was a cutie, and those kids red hair, oh my, I'm in love!

Sugar the Golden Retriever said...

Woof! Woof! Oh My what a cutie. LOVE the name HUDSON. My mom says I was a bit naughty when I was a puppy. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Kate Fenner said...

Love the pictures of Hudson!! Thanks for posting them. He was such a sweet dog.

Brian said...

Those are such cute pictures!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

I love the pictures of Hudson and the kids!! How adorable!!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Jan said...

For the last many years I have gotten my dogs as adults. I miss those puppy years. Well, not everything about them.

Schnauzer Days said...

Hudson looked a great dog, Labs are always such fun and fantastic with kids too, the perfect dog to grow up with xxx Great name too!

Benny and Lily said...

adorable
Benny & Lily

Karen Friesecke said...

Awwww!Hudson was such a cutie :) So are your kids!

petdoginsurance said...

Thanks for sharing!
Dog sitter San Francisco

Bessie Mac said...

Thank you for sharing your memories of Hudson with us!

Life Student said...

Kids + lab puppy = awesome cuteness!

Wish we'd known our dog as a pup. He would have been awesomely gorgeous... treasure the memories you were so fortunate to create!

ShareThis