Thursday, August 18, 2011

My 7 Links for Tripbase Project

When blogging, I'm usually looking forward, thinking about what comes next, scheduling posts, reading books for reviews, etc. It's not often that I take a look back. But now it's time! Grouchy Puppy tagged me in Tripbase's My 7 Links blog post project, created to unite bloggers of all types to highlight some of their favorite posts that deserve the spotlight. The idea is to post links in the 7 categories below... and then to nominate other bloggers to do the same.




I spent a good part of the afternoon looking back. So here it is, My 7 Links:

1. My most beautiful post: Kelly visits life sized sculptures.
I enjoyed photographing Kelly taking her place among these statues in downtown Albany NY.





























2. My most popular post: The Dogs of Toy Story 3
For a post with 0 comments, analytics consistently shows this post about Slinky Dog and Buster as one of my most viewed, with many thousands of pageviews!

3. My most controversial post: A 6-Toed Puffin Retriever
Some found this unusual breed of dog beautiful. Some found his extra toes creepy.

4. My most helpful post: How to Make Your Own Dog Toys and Homemade Holiday Gifts for Dogs.
In today's economy, it seems that tips to save a little money really hit home.















5. A post whose success surprised me: Magical Mystery Mutt Tour
I had so much fun with this one! Will My Dog Hate Me, I Still Want More Puppies and Peggy's Pet Place joined forces to present a fun dog breed guessing contest. The blog hop was great, and even resulted in a company offering us DNA test kits to try on our own dogs, and to give away!

6. A post I feel didn't get the attention it deserved: Mouth to Muzzle first aid
Probably everyone should be familiar with basic first aid for their pets, including how to administer rescue breathing.

7. The post I am most proud of: 32 Simple Things You Do that Matter to Dogs.
It came from the heart.


















Now, here are the bloggers I'd nominate to feature their own My 7 Links:

1. Frankly Speaking
2. Pip Gets Back in the Game
3. Two French Bulldogs
4. Bocci's Beefs
5. Cindy Lu's Muse
And here is one that is not a dog blog, but I think you'll love it anyway!
6. My 5 Sons

Thank you Grouchy Puppy!

9 comments:

Frankie Furter said...

OH Kelly and Miss Peggy... THANK you for puttin me up fur this.

I REALLY Loved your sculpture post.. I remember it WELL and thought the pic of you sittin on the Newspaper Sleeper was sooooo funny and cute.
I also remember the 6 toed dawgs.. I even Looked them up on Google.
Those are some really hard questions to have to answer about your blog posts... you must have spent like...87 hours thinking about each answer.

Mr. Pip said...

Hey - this is a super cool idea and I thank you for including me! I always enjoy your posts - they are always creative, informative, and enjoyable. One of of my favorites was definitely "32 Simple Things You Do That Matter to Dogs"

This is going to be fun, but knowing my silly assistant, it may take us a little while to get this posted - probably next Wednesday.

Thanks again!
Pip

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Love the post!! The pictures of Kelly are beautiful!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Benny and Lily said...

Thank you thank you...we better get started..We really enjoy your posts
Benny & Lily

K9friend said...

Great idea! Bet it was hard to choose!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

jen said...

Great list Peggy!
I think I remember most of these!

Life Student said...

I've been to Albany twice and never knew about those sculptures. Now you've given me something to look for in real life!

Pup Fan said...

Great list of posts... I remember Kelly and the sculptures - it really was beautiful! And we did have so much fun on the Magical Mystery Mutt Tour! So many great posts on your list...

Pamela said...

Great choices. I remember your 32 things post quite well and I loved it as well.

I hadn't seen the pictures of Kelly with the sculptures before and that was a real treat.

ShareThis