Friday, September 9, 2011

Tanner, Oliver, Organic Carrots... and win cool Fetching Sticks!

Golden Retriever Tanner and Papillon Oliver are two special dogs. For one reason, they live with a really cool human, Carrie, who is committed to feeding them, and herself, top quality organic, healthy food. And for another, they get plenty of healthy exercise each day. But I think, mostly it's because they live with a really cool human!















Tanner and Oliver, and mom Carrie are among our featured bloggers at Koly and Kelly's K9 Kamp, committing to participating in all 6 weeks of fitness challenges with us. Why are they kamping with us? What are their fitness challenges and strengths? Find out more! And then, don't forget to jump over to Kol's Notes to check out another special featured blogger there! Oh, and keep reading after the jump, because there's more about Carrie, Tanner and Oliver, and then you can enter for a chance to win some awesome fetching sticks from Molly's Products!

All Things Dog Blog










Pet Parent Name: Carrie Boyko
Age: 54
Occupation: Full time blogger (me: How cool is that!)
Favorite activity: This is tough. I guess I’d say playing Fetch with Tanner. He’s a master fetcher. Is there a “degree” for that? (me: hmmm I guess MFF, Master of Fine Fetching?)
Favorite food: An organic vanilla latte, iced


Dog #1 Name: Tanner
Breed: Golden Retriever, adopted breeder reject
Age: 5
Favorite activity: Swimming and Fetch, with dog park runs as a close second/third.
Favorite food: A great big organic juice carrot!

Dog #2 Name: Oliver
Breed: Papillon, puppy mill rescue
Age: He’ll be 4 before the challenge ends (me: Happy Birthday Dear Oliver!)
Favorite activity: Following me around and working for treats
Favorite food: Busy bones, homemade with organic fillings

2. We love All Things Dog Blog. Can you tell us just a bit what it's all about?

All Things Dog Blog seeks to help owners keep their dogs, as opposed to giving them up during hard times or challenges. We do this by offering problem solving articles, product reviews with giveaways, offering a team of dog trainers to answer questions, and our Ask the Vet column helps owners with health questions. (me: Your blog is a fantastic read with so much valuable content. I am always impressed and learn something helpful when I visit.)

3. Why did you decide to participate in Koly & Kelly's K9 Kamp?
This was a no-brainer for us; it totally fits our niche. We like to help owners solve their problems. Overweight dogs definitely have a problem to solve. I will enjoy sharing these updates with my readers.

Did your dog urge you to sign up...or did you think your dog perhaps needed a little intervention?
None of us need to lose weight. We just believe in the value of what you are doing and want to support it. (me: Aww thank you!)

What are your goals for the Kamp?
I plan to share the successes of other participants with my readers in the form of tips, ideas, and strategies for getting active and healthy.












4. How would you rate your dog's physical fitness?
Tanner and Oliver have each trained for 2 years in agility, and now are spending many days running alongside my bike. We walk daily and visit the dog park 3 times a week where they run off-leash. I'd say they are at least an 8 out of 10 or better.

How would your dog rate yours?
That's not a great question to ask at this time. I was injured severely in January while on vacation. I started working out and walking again in March. I am able to bike, but running an agility course is out of the question. Maybe I'd achieve a 6, or possible higher because I am not overweight? (me: So sorry about your injury. It sounds like you are taking positive steps to heal. Keep up the good work!)

5. What is your dog's biggest fitness challenge?
Despite their daily regimen of exercise, I think both would enjoy an additional walk or run each day. Twice daily is all I can manage with my 10 hours a day on the blog.

6. How would you rate your dog's diet?
Tanner and Oliver eat an organic diet, including most of their treats. Those that are not, are 100% natural. They also take a Glucosamine/Chondroitin supplement and EFA's for coat and brain health.

Tanner and Oliver do a lot of photo shoots, which means they get treats for posing. They are very good at this skill, but I still reward them for their cooperation. I try to keep the treats small, but sometimes the photo sessions are frequent. 9.5 out of 10 (me: Excellent! Sometimes it can be so difficult to be beautiful, bol!)

How would your dog rate yours?
Our whole family switched to organic foods 4 1/2 years ago when I got a cancer diagnosis. With the exception of meals out, all of my meals at home are prepared with organic foods and include a wide variety of vegetables and a lessening amount of meat. My weakness is sweets; I do enjoy dessert. 9 out of 10? (me: Again, excellent. I think that you and your dogs must benefit greatly from your organic regimen. I’m impressed.)


















7. What is your dog’s biggest diet challenge?
The amount of treats received for photo shoots and training.


8. Complete this sentence: In K9Kamp, my dog would be voted Most Likely To __
Tanner: engage every dog in the group in a romping good run around the dog park.
Oliver: introduce himself to each owner with a lot of kisses and butt-wiggles.
me: Thank you Carrie, Tanner and Oliver! We'll be seeing you around Kamp!

Now it's time to win some prizes! How about some Juniper fetching sticks?

Molly Product's fetching sticks are made from the fragrant Juniper wood of Northern Arizona.  Each branch is cut to 10" long, stripped of it's bark to reveal the fragrant Juniper wood underneath, hand-sanded to remove protrusions & rough patches, then beveled at the end  These beautiful, hand crafted, eco-friendly play toys are ideally designed for outdoor entertainment for you and your pet!  The simple game "throw and fetch" brings relaxed fun and treasured time with your dog.




80 comments:

  1. Whoa! It sure is freaky visiting a blog and finding a photo of yourself there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview ! Carrie and her dogs and their blog are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous interview! Carrie's tough organic regimen is inspiring but it makes my diet of corn pops and spagheitti sound very, very bad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! I love that last picture!
    -Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview - I love Carrie's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kudos guys. We just love our dogs and helping folks figure out how to keep theirs happy and healthy. Hope you all join in the K9 Kamp fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to win because I would keep one stick for my dogs to play with and I would donate the other to the fundraiser for a local rescue group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @cstironkat That is wonderful about donating a stick. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kristine Sadly, I kind of like the sounds of your diet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the camp, keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @offtheleash Glad you're enjoying the kamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. generic valium brand name valium for sale - buy valium online no rx

    ReplyDelete
  13. diazepam dosage for dogs diazepam teva - diazepam side effects dosage

    ReplyDelete
  14. how to buy xanax online xanax drug for sleep - side effects of xanax 0.5mg

    ReplyDelete
  15. cheap diazepam 30 mg diazepam erowid - diazepam dosage per day

    ReplyDelete
  16. buy xanax without prescriptions xanax side effects weight - xanax xr withdrawal anxiety

    ReplyDelete
  17. buy generic ativan is ativan and xanax similar - side effects quitting ativan

    ReplyDelete
  18. buy xanax online xanax dosage max - 3 mg xanax high dose

    ReplyDelete
  19. order valium valium drug test detection - valium 15 mg

    ReplyDelete
  20. diazepam 10 mg diazepam in dogs dosage - want buy diazepam online

    ReplyDelete
  21. order ativan ativan dosage seizures - high dosage of ativan

    ReplyDelete
  22. buy generic xanax online buy xanax pfizer online - xanax and percocet

    ReplyDelete
  23. buy diazepam online diazepam compared valium - percocet diazepam high

    ReplyDelete
  24. alprazolam drug drug interactions xanax and hydrocodone - xanax withdrawal psychosis

    ReplyDelete
  25. buy diazepam online diazepam dosage in elderly - diazepam to buy online

    ReplyDelete
  26. lorazepam online lorazepam 1mg bula - buy ativan lorazepam

    ReplyDelete
  27. buy xanax online xanax 0.5 overdose - safest place buy xanax online

    ReplyDelete
  28. diazepam drug diazepam qt prolongation - what does diazepam 10 mg do

    ReplyDelete
  29. cheap alprazolam xanax dosage 1mg - xanax drug test detection

    ReplyDelete
  30. lorazepam online lorazepam 1 mg erowid - ativan dosage for adults

    ReplyDelete
  31. xanax for anxiety online consultation prescription xanax - xanax side effects anxiety

    ReplyDelete
  32. ambien zolpidem ambien tablets online - ambien usual dosage

    ReplyDelete
  33. buy generic ambien online lunesta vs ambien price - generic ambien that works

    ReplyDelete
  34. carisoprodol no prescription soma side effects long term - soma indian drug

    ReplyDelete
  35. buy ambien online ambien dosage and pregnancy - is ambien the best sleeping pill

    ReplyDelete
  36. soma online side effects of the medication soma - carisoprodol in pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  37. buy valium online no prescription cheap does half life valium mean - is roche valium better than generic

    ReplyDelete
  38. cheap zolpidem ambien side effects depression - drug interactions between ambien codeine

    ReplyDelete
  39. buy soma online carisoprodol other uses - can you buy tickets soma

    ReplyDelete
  40. buy ambien online ambien side effects anxiety - turn ambien light philips tv

    ReplyDelete
  41. buy ambien online ambien walrus wikipedia - cost of ambien without insurance

    ReplyDelete
  42. Please lеt me know if уou're looking for a author for your weblog. You have some really good articles and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutеly love to wгitе
    somе articles foг yоur blog іn eхchаnge foг а link back to mine.
    Ρleaѕe ѕhoot mе an email if іnterеsted.
    Regards!

    Αlsο visit my weblog; Silk N Sensepil Hair Removal
    Also visit my web blog :: hair removal tips

    ReplyDelete
  43. Blogger: Peggy's Pet Place - Post a Comment buy cheap soma - cheap carisoprodol no prescription http://www.emprendiendoideas.com/#cheap-carisoprodol-no-prescription

    ReplyDelete
  44. Blogger: Peggy's Pet Place - Post a Comment discount prednisone - generic prednisone http://www.ourdailybreadmarket.net/#generic-prednisone

    ReplyDelete
  45. Blogger: Peggy's Pet Place - Post a Comment ventolin no prescription - ventolin online http://www.ventolinforsaleonline.com/#ventolin-online

    ReplyDelete
  46. Blogger: Peggy's Pet Place - Post a Comment buy meridia - meridia online http://www.meridiaordernow.com/#meridia-online

    ReplyDelete
  47. Blogger: Peggy's Pet Place - Post a Comment buy rimonabant - buy rimonabant online http://www.a6soft.com/#buy-rimonabant-online

    ReplyDelete
  48. Blogger: Peggy's Pet Place - Post a Comment buy carisoprodol - soma without prescription http://www.emprendiendoideas.com/#soma-without-prescription

    ReplyDelete
  49. Blogger: Peggy's Pet Place - Post a Comment ventolin no prescription - ventolin online http://www.ventolinforsaleonline.com/#ventolin-online

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi, MoxoredapeTox price of zithromax - azithromycin online pharmacy http://www.zithromaxonlineprice.com/#azithromycin-online-pharmacy

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hello, buy propecia online no prescription - generic propecia online http://www.bigdocpoker.com/#buy-propecia-online-no-prescription

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hello, purchase isotretinoin - cheap generic accutane http://www.josoclasolucio.com/#accutane-no-prescription

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hello, generic imitrex no prescription - imitrex no prescription http://www.oparticular.net/#imitrex-no-prescription

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hello, accutane price - accutane cost http://www.wheretobuymedsonline.com/accutane/

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hello, finasteride online no prescription - finasteride without rx http://www.wheretobuymedsonline.com/propecia/

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hello, buy accutane - buy isotretinoin online http://www.wheretobuymedsonline.com/accutane/

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hello, generic cytotec - buy cytotec online http://www.cytotecforlessonline.net/#buy-cytotec-online

    ReplyDelete
  58. Drug Treatment For Angiodysplasia order provigil no prescription - order modafinil http://www.bearmania.net/, [url=http://www.bearmania.net/]generic provigil cost [/url]

    ReplyDelete
  59. Tablets For Cellulites valacyclovir for sale - buy valacyclovir online http://www.cogccc.org/, [url=http://www.cogccc.org/]price of valtrex [/url]

    ReplyDelete
  60. Mobil Medication meridia for sale online - buy generic meridia http://www.meridiaonlineorder.net/#buy-generic-meridia , [url=http://www.meridiaonlineorder.net/#buy-sibutramine-meridia ]buy sibutramine meridia [/url]

    ReplyDelete
  61. T Shirt Drug buy reductil online no prescription - meridia diet pills http://www.meridiaonlineorder.net/#meridia-diet-pills , buy sibutramine

    ReplyDelete
  62. Western Medicine Indian Barriers meridia price - meridia pills http://www.meridiaonlineorder.net/#meridia-pills , [url=http://www.meridiaonlineorder.net/#buy-meridia-online-no-prescription ]buy meridia online no prescription [/url]

    ReplyDelete
  63. 1, order celebrex no prescription - celebrex pills http://www.celebrexgenericsale.net/celebrex_information.html, [url=http://www.celebrexgenericsale.net/celebrex_information.html]celebrex sale [/url]

    ReplyDelete
  64. Thank you, I've just been looking for information approximately this subject for a while and yours is the best I've found out till now.
    Βut, what abοut the concluѕіon? Are you cеrtain
    cоncernіng the ѕupplу?

    mу web pagе just click the next article
    my webpage: vernissaviu.org

    ReplyDelete
  65. I blog οften and I trulу appгeciatе yоur сontent.
    The artiсle has reallу peaked my inteгest.

    I am gοing tο booκmark your blog anԁ
    keeρ сheckіng fοг nеw
    information about оnсe per ωеek.

    І oрted in foг yοuг RЅS fеed too.


    Ϲheck out my webρage :: Get More Info

    ReplyDelete
  66. tni lipitor without rx - price of generic lipitor - buy lipitor online no prescription http://www.lipitordiscountonline.net/#lipitor-sale ,

    ReplyDelete
  67. tni [url=http://www.plavixbuynow.net/#cheap-plavix ]plavix online [/url] - cheap plavix online - clopidogrel price http://www.plavixbuynow.net/#plavix-for-sale ,

    ReplyDelete
  68. I гeаԁ this paragraph fullу about the compаriѕon of
    latеst and еаrlier technologies, іt's awesome article.

    my web-site; V2 Cig Review
    my website :: thefitcommunity.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. Nice post. I learn something totаlly new аnd challеnging on webѕiteѕ I stumbleupon
    everyday. Ӏt's always exciting to read through content from other authors and practice something from their websites.

    My website :: Recommended Browsing

    ReplyDelete
  70. Hi theгe, ӏ belіevе your wеb site may
    be havіng ωeb browser compatibilitу prοblеms.

    Wheneѵeг I take a lооk at уouг site іn
    Safari, іt loοκs fine but when opening
    in Internet Exрlorer, it's got some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to give you a quick heads up! Apart from that, great site!

    Here is my web blog :: http://www.converb.com/index.php?do=/blog/10077/v2-cigs-keep-my-master-bedroom-smelling-faultlessly-clean

    ReplyDelete
  71. Great ρost. I used to be checking continuously this weblοg
    аnԁ I am impresseԁ! Very helpful info spеcіfiсallу the
    remаining part :) Ӏ deаl ωith such infο much.
    I ωаs seekіng thіs certain infoгmation for а
    long time. Thank уou and best of lucκ.


    Have a look at mу wеb blog :: Recommended Resource site
    My website: http://www.sfgate.Com/business/Prweb/article/V2-Cigs-Review-Authentic-Smoking-Experience-or-4075176.php

    ReplyDelete
  72. A substantial improvemеnt of the v2 еlectronіc cigarette waѕ the inclusion of a manual button.



    Feel free to visit my websіte; wmedial.Com

    ReplyDelete
  73. Hi! I simplу want to give you a huge thumbs uр foг youг exсellent info yοu hаve right here on
    this post. I will bе соming back to yοuг web sіte fοr more soοn.


    Feel frеe to vіѕit my wеbpage;
    V2 Cigs reviews

    ReplyDelete
  74. I do believe all thе ideas you haνe іntroduced for уour роst.
    They are vегy convinсing and will certainly ωorκ.
    Still, the poѕts arе too brief for nеωbies.
    May just you ρlease prоlоng them a lіttle from subѕequent time?
    Τhank уou for the post.

    Hеrе is my ωebpаgе ::
    salmista.co

    ReplyDelete
  75. 4, provigil online pharmacy - order provigil online no prescription http://www.energyofprovigil.net/#cheap-modafinil, [url=http://www.energyofprovigil.net/#provigil-for-sale]buy provigil[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  76. Me and ozzy fucked more challenging, trying
    to show to our god! FUCK YES!' ahead of cumming inside my warm pussy. were still fucking

    Feel free to surf to my webpage :: hcg injections

    ReplyDelete
  77. I really like lοoking through a post that can make people think.
    Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!

    my blog post; click through the following website

    ReplyDelete
  78. Ι thought this paгticulаr scгipt has been the coοlest аsреct еver.


    Check out my blog :: green smoke electronic cigarette review

    ReplyDelete
  79. I reаd this aгticle completеly about thе resemblance of hottеst and preceding technologies, іt's remarkable article.

    my site :: V2 Cigs Review

    ReplyDelete
  80. Your own report provides pгoven helpful to me.
    It’s extremely eduсational and you really аrе clеarly really eԁucated in this area.
    You have got expоsed my eye tо be ablе to dіffeгent views on this kind of matteг wіth intriguing,
    notable and stгong wrіttеn content.


    Here is my webpage Xanax
    Also visit my blog post :: Xanax

    ReplyDelete

Kelly and Ike say thank you for your comments!

ShareThis