Thursday, September 1, 2011

Today's the Day, UK!

Today I'm celebrating the UK!
Why? Not just because of Buckingham Palace, doubledecker buses, and Shakespeare! The Blarney Stone. Castles!








Irish Setters. Scottish Terriers. English Bulldogs.




















Not just because my paternal ancestry hales from England, and on my mom's side, from Ireland. (Just one look at my two redheaded children and you can see that!)













And not just because of two great UK dog bloggers, Winnie the Greyhound and George the Lad.

Today is the day for the official book launch of my debut book, Dieting with my Dog, in the UK! If you live in the UK, I hope you might look it up at your favorite booksellers or online. If they don't have it in stock, a little begging might help! :) And if you spot it anywhere, I'd doubly love it if you let me know, or even snapped a photo! Here in the U.S. (although we can preorder) we have to wait all the way until October 15 to see the book. So here's to you, UK! Thanks for being the first to take a look at my book, and Kelly and I hope you enjoy reading.



















9 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! Congratulations! Will it be available in Canada the same time as the US? I'd love to see it in the store and be all, "Eeee! I've talked to her online! She knows my name!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Peggy Congratulations on getting the book over hear, I'll be looking out for it, and let you know if I see it in the shops.
    Have a good Week
    See Yea George and Jan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, this is awesome. We got to get lazy to remember to buy your book
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! The book is a success for sure!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. YaY!! Mom and me is so happy fur you Miss Peggy!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really proud and happy for you, Megs. I remember the first drafts of the book, and all the stress and worries along the way! What a sweet day this is:) Much love and congrats from me, the family, and several critters

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to know the feeling of seeing your name in print... It's so cool, and it's awesome that your book "travels"... some books don't find audiences in other countries, and it's great that the UK can learn something from the USA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BRILLIANT!!!! We'll look for it in our bookshops too and report back. It got a good review in the Mail On Sunday and I'm sure it will do well.

    Love and licks Winnie (who is very proud to get another mention)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot Wooten! Congratulations on the book release- can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Kelly and Ike say thank you for your comments!

ShareThis