Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Our new dog

We've been looking to add a dog to the family for some time now. We've even met a few potential pets, but it hasn't been the right match...the right time...the right circumstances.
Enter Moses.
"Thank you for taking me home!"

I have to say right off the bat, we knew we wanted a submissive male, but I was looking for a medium sized dog.

"I wish I fit under the table."
Oh well.

Moses has a sad story. His owner had been in a car accident and became disabled, and apparently distraught because he left his family and went to live alone in the woods. He and Moses were best buds there in the mountains together. Sadly, the man had a heart attack and died. Moses was alone in the cabin with the body for a week before anyone noticed the man had died.

Now we have adopted Moses. The first thing he did was run into the house and grab this cow. (Note: it is NOT a dog toy!)

"Can I have it?"
 Moses loves attention. He would sit and be patted for hours. He loves men especially. He begs for food. He empties trash cans. He also sleeps a lot. He's a big softie though and he has the ability to just melt you when he leans into you and just wants to be loved.
"Hi Grampa!"


Next time: How did Kelly react to Moses?

11 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Congratulations! Moses you found the best home ever
Benny & Lily

georgia little pea said...

What lovely news. Glad you found a dog that would fit the family, even if it doesn't under the table hehe.

Interesting history. What a good boy, to stay with his dead owner for a week.

And Kelly is.... :)

Foley Monster and Pocket said...

What a great dog. And I think he is going to be one loyal dog.

Kari in Vegas said...

Congrats! Sounds like he was looking for the right family and is fitting right in

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

houndstooth said...

Oh, congratulations! I love homecoming stories! He sounds like he will be perfect with a little fine tuning. :)

melf said...

Oh Peggy! I am so happy that Moses was blessed to find you and your husband. After such a rough patch, it's nice to know that he has a safe place to live. Congratulations.

How is our girl Kelly taking to him?

BTW - The snatching of stuffed animals that aren't toys? Get used to it. Labs and Goldens - always have to have something in their mouth. :)

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Hello, Moses!! You are one lucky dog, hon, and you're going to LOVE living at Peggy's!!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

Moses is completely adorable and I wish you NOTHING but happiness with him!

What a wonderful thing you did for this poor baby. I can't imagine what had to be going through this poor dog's mind being with the body for a week. Just the thought of it breaks my heart. You are an angel!

Amy said...

How wonderful for all of you! We wish you and Moses many, many years of happiness.

avizaz said...

congratulations, I hope you will enjoy Kelly as much as I enjoy my Barney.

Liza Bedoya said...

Aww! How lucky you were to have found each other? I guess this is what we call destiny, eh? Dang it! I can’t stop staring at Moses’ picture with the cow toy in his mouth. The way he looks at you just really tugs at your heartstrings. His is one interesting story. I’m sure he’s going to be as loyal to you as he was to his previous owner.

Liza Bedoya

ShareThis