Wednesday, April 25, 2012
* According to Forbes, the average family spends more on their pets than on a child's K-12 education.
* How do you select your pet? Mother Nature Network reveals that most people choose their pet based on appearance. Check out one shelter's system for making good matches.
* From Boston.com: Meow the cat weighs 40 lbs. That's more than my dog Kelly weighs!
* Dog crate on the car roof? The Huffington Post reveals some other unfathomable means of transporting dogs in cars in the past...including strapping them in a sack on the running board.
* Also from the Huff Post, pet stores in LA may soon be required to sell only rescue dogs, cats, rabbits if the new bill passes. Take that, puppy mills!