Monday, April 29, 2013

Love that Helps Heal

Your generous notes and thoughtful gifts to help us heal from the loss of Brooks continue to pour in, and I want to thank you so much. The support of other dog lovers helps. I'm especially touched that many people reach out with touches of nature, from the star from Jodi, Felix and Kol, to the cheerful pink flowers from a dear friend, Lexi.


Here's a wonderful blue spruce tree that will be planted in Brooks' memory, from his caring friends at Natura.





















































Brooks' gramma sent him this marker made of Vermont slate.















 There's also the pawprint, taken at the emergency vet




















In addition, the emails, cards, poems, notes and phone calls touch me greatly. My friend Kim says that Brooks was a heart dog, and I think that describes him perfectly. He touched my heart so deeply. I think sometimes those who have been through a lot have an even greater capacity to touch us because they are still loving and trusting, despite whatever hardships they've endured.
































































Thank you everyone, I want you to know how much we appreciate every word and gesture.
Peggy, Mike and Kelly


Want more, pawsitive pet tips, good news, and special bonuses? Content not already on the blog? Subscribe to my free newsletter.  Kelly and I can't wait to see you there!

23 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you lost Brooks. I am sorry for your loss. The idea of planting the little tree is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so terribly sorry to read dat Brooks has gone to da Bridge, I was away and just nows findin' out.
    My love is comin' to ya'll and hopes dat your hearts can heal. Ya'll was so lucky to has eachudder even fur a short time.


    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Puddles. He was diagnosed with cancer one day and was gone the next. So hard to believe. We miss him so much. But you're right, we all had a wonderful year together. The best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. The tree is very special indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tree is special, I can't wait to watch Brooks' tree grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, and thank you again for the beautiful star!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frankie and ErnieApril 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM

    WE are so VERY MUCH sad to hear about Brooks. What marvelous memories he left fur you. Our sincere sympathy to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pamela | Something WaggingApril 29, 2013 at 5:31 PM

    I'm with Jodi. I'm sorry that it takes a sad loss to show you how much everyone cares about you. Hopefully your happy memories of Brooks will be sweeter for knowing how much everyone who met him (even online) loved him too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was one marvelous year, every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would have been so much more difficult to bear without all of you helping and understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, giant hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have experience this first hand, both when Hawk died and our blog was still in its infancy and when Lilac died. I almost felt like I was breaking everyone's hearts along with mine when I announced that she was no longer with us. It definitely made me feel less alone with it, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How touching. If there is anything an animal lover knows it is losing a loved furry one. What an awesome memorial you will have for Brooks. And so grateful he finally found a home with love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those 24 paws have sure known a lot of love I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad that you felt the same support when Hawk and Lilac passed away. I don't know how I would have gotten through without.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the giant hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thankfulness to my father who shared with me concerning this
    blog, this website is actually awesome.

    Also visit my web site - Capsicum Pure

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thinking of you...and knowing Brooks is smiling from the green, green pastures beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The thing I love best about blogging is the sense of family, when one of our own loses someone it touches all of us and that is when we really shine!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's so hard to lose our furry family members. They leave a big hole, but he is always with you in your heart! Love the tree idea, and that last picture of the angel drawing is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The one bright spot in any sadness is that it does show you how truly surrounded by love you are. <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry for your loss of Brooks, I found that the things my friends did for me and got me after the loss of Norman have really helped me heal also.

    ReplyDelete

Kelly and Ike say thank you for your comments!

ShareThis