Friday, June 14, 2013

FitDog Friday- What Activities do you do with your Pet?

Do you have a special activity you enjoy doing with your dog? That's what the folks at Healthy Paws Pet Insurance and Foundation, a pet insurance company who also supports pet rescues across the country, wanted to know. And to discover some great ideas, they went right to the bloggers. We are honored to be featured in their recent article, Favorite Pet Activities.

8 Active Pet Parents. Dozens More Fun Outdoor Pet Activities.

Peggy’s Pet Place -

we even got a badge for contributing!


The post includes some of Kelly and my favorite activities, and other great bloggers with their favorite things to do, such as
Bike Riding with Poochie Project,
Dancing with Peaceful Dog,
Weave poles with Two Collies and a Mutt,
Geocaching with Terrier Torrent,
or Hide and Seek with Miley's Daily Scoop!

Is your favorite activity included?

**Don't forget, K9 Kamp continues this week. Check out last week's exercise to do with your dog from our K9 Kamp Fitness Trainer, K9 Fit Club! And this week's exercise, on Kol's Notes!And don't forget to enter our Rafflecopter for a prize package valued at $200!

FitDog Friday- cohosted by Peggy's Pet Place, Slimdoggy and To Dog with Love, is a great way to highlight positive activities you're doing with your dog. Join the blog hop!

Want PAWsitive pet tips, good news and special bonuses? Content not already on the blog? Fetch our free newsletter! Kelly and I can't wait to see you there!


  1. Hide n seek is such a great play to play indoors (rainy day). Most likely I'll be playing this game this weekend. Happy FitDog Friday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

  2. Congrats on the Healthy Paws Award - pretty cool Kelly! K9Kamp is going great - everyone is getting stronger an leaner and most important - healthier!

  3. Gizmo & I were also honored to be included in the Healthy Paws post and win our badge! There's a lot of great activities there for the Kampers to try

  4. Diane @ To Dog With LoveJune 14, 2013 at 9:44 AM

    Great tips! I gotta admit, I like the leisurely walk best too. Great for clearing the head and stretching out from spending too much time at the computer!
    Your pals,
    Diane and Rocco

  5. Frankie and ErnieJune 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM

    THOSE are grrrreat thingys... WE dig holes and chase rabbits and birds fur excercise.

    HEY..... why is your comment thingy insisting we give it our PASSWORD??? We can't comment without putting it in. We checked the Post as a guest instead of giving our Password...

  6. Mom plays hide and seek with me at the dog park. I kind of find it scary but it keeps me on my paw pads looking for her! I also have taught mom to chase squirrels and wabbits, I bark non stop at my window and she goes out and chases them across the was really easy to train her and it is nice to see her doing an activity that normally just dogs do. I'm not sure if she enjoys it, though :) and lately I don't have as many critters visiting, I don't think they like her much.

  7. As you can see on Talent Hounds- we love dancing a lot as good for mind and body. Also walking, agility and lots of other activities. Love Fit Dog Friday!

  8. Well we're mostly walkers, but I think that happens as we age. The point is that we get out and do it. :-)

  9. I'm with you! As you may have noticed, my favorite activity is "the leisurely stroll!"

  10. Dancing sounds like a fun way to get fit. And if it's fun, we're definitely going to keep it up! Way to go.

  11. Now isn't that nice of you to teach your mom to chase wabbits, you are a pretty brilliant trainer!

  12. Your favorite passtimes sound like fun for dogs!

    btw I think we got the comment thing fixed, hopefully. I'm always having troubles with my commenting systems grrr.

  13. That's how I look at it too!

  14. It was fun to be in the same article as you Gizmo!

  15. I enjoyed Slimdoggy's post today, thanks!

  16. If you hid, we'd look for you! Have a great weekend.

  17. Pamela | Something WaggingJune 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM

    Well, I like water sports with Honey. But she's not usually the one getting exercise. :)

  18. Great tips for fun things to do - but... you know us. We just walk. And walk and walk. (And now we also know to dodge men with sticks.)

  19. I аbsolutelу love your ѕіtе.

    . Very nice colοrs & theme. Did you ԁevelop thiѕ amazing ѕite youгѕelf?
    Please reρlу back as I’m looking
    to сreate my veгy οωn site and wοulԁ like
    to leaгn where you got this from or whаt the
    theme is nаmed. Cheers!

    my wеbѕite; organic potting soil

  20. Generally I do not learn post on blogs, but I wish to say
    that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and
    do so! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice article.

    Feel free to visit my web blog: Boys Gifts (

  21. Thanκ you for the good ωrіteup.
    It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Looκ аdvanced to more addeԁ
    agгeeable from yοu!
    By the way, hoω cοuld we communicate?

    Fеel fгee to visit my blog post ... killer core workout

  22. May I just say what a relief to find someone that actually understands what they are talking
    about on the web. You certainly realize how to bring a problem to light and make it important.
    More people need to check this out and understand this side of your story.
    I was surprised that you aren't more popular since you definitely have the gift.

    My web-site - New Business


Kelly and Ike say thank you for your comments!