Monday, August 12, 2013

Brooks Books- I Will See You in Heaven

Brooks Books- Pet Book Reviews

I Will See You in Heaven  by Friar Jack Wintz (c) 2010 Paraclete Press ISBN 978-1-55725-732-1
Heaven Bound, (c) 2012 Paraclete Press ISBN 978-1-61261-244-7

I Will See You in Heaven begins, "We have a deep desire to know if we will see our pets again, and all the lovely creatures alongside whom we now inhabit this planet. What will become of them after they die?"

I imagine heaven as a place full of love and happiness, and since I know that pets are part of what brings love and happiness, I picture the pets that have passed as being there in heaven. This book offers many reasons why creatures other than humans will find a place in heaven. Friar Wintz discusses the stories of Noah and the Ark, and Jonah and the Whale, and particularly the life of St. Francis to illustrate his points.

An excerpt of a letter written by Mother Teresa states, "(Animals) too are created by the same hand of God which created us....it is our duty to protect them and to promote their well-being. We also owe it to them, as they serve us with such docility and loyalty."
 I Will See You in Heaven shares why we love and care about our pets, and offers hope of seeing them again in heaven.

 A companion book, Heaven Bound, includes everything you need to create a special memorial service for your pet. It offers eulogies, prayers, readings and Bible verses offering comfort in a time of mourning. It includes the words to the popular verse, The Rainbow Bridge, and blank pages to record your own memories.

I recommend these beautiful books for anyone who has loved and lost a pet, or would like to offer words of comfort to friends and family who have lost a beloved pet. 

You can enter to win a copy of I Will See You in Heaven on my newsletter, Pawsitively Pets. If you aren't already signed up, you can sign up now.

* I was provided with a copy of these books for review, but that in no way influenced my review. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.



Want more positive pet tips, good news, and special offers? Fetch my free newsletter, Pawsitively Pets!

7 comments:

  1. I do believe we will be reunited with our pets some day. I've read a couple of books on this exact topic but I'd love to read this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy says it's nice to think that one day we will all be together again. She also says it's comforting knowing that Nala and I will not be forever alone -- that we will be guided to our forever place by her previous doggies. :)


    Woofs & huggies, <3


    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would make such a lovely gift for someone who has recently lost a pet! Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. snoopy@snoopysdogblogAugust 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM

    What a lovely idea, my Mum imagines that one day we'll all be re-united again somewhere, somehow too!


    Wags to all


    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think abt this alot now that my oldest will be 12 in sept. i look at her and start crying b/c i just cant imagine my life w/out her. i have had evie since she was 6 wks old. she is the last connection to my mother who passed away abt 2.5 yrs ago. evie loved her so much. i buried my first min schn. w/ my mother. she had her creamated when she died, rose was only 7 yrs old, had leukemia. so now she is b/t her grandparents who loved her very much and spoiled her rotten, and i mean rotten. that was my mother's wish to have rose buriend w/ her. my mother got very upset when i got my 2nd dog, now i have 3. she said that i was betraying her grandchild. she would not even look at my 2nd dog. she said i was not a good parent b/c i got another dog and evie would not understand b/c she had been an only child for almost 8 yrs. even today evie still does not like her 2 younger sisters, so i try to give her time everyday w/ just me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wonder about this because truthfully if my pets aren't there I don't want to be there either. Some people believe we will all be reunited again, while others believe pets won't be there. I have to believe. I just have to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As an animal communicator, I've been privileged to connect with many animals in spirit; they often share amazing details about their lives, and even events that have occurred after they left their bodies. If you're interested in this topic, you might be interested in the upcoming "Conference on Animals in the Afterlife," which will be held on November 3rd, 2013 in Boxborough, MA. AnimalsintheAfterlifeConference.com

    ReplyDelete

Kelly and Ike say thank you for your comments!

ShareThis