Thursday, October 3, 2013

Yippee! Time for K9 Kamp again!

Last spring at K9 Kamp, a fantastic group of bloggers and blog readers committed to getting fit and having fun together with their dogs! Our theme was to get active with your dog, 30 minutes extra, 3 or 4 times a week. If you joined us, remember all the fun we had?!

This fall, our theme is "Fitness Fun and Games." We're focusing on fun ways for you to get active with your dog. Here are some ideas:

fetch (and the all time K9 Kamp favorite, Fetch It Yourself!)
hide and seek
monkey in the middle
follow the leader

treibball (or a similar game with an exercise ball in your own yard)
and more!

We're looking forward to experiencing some new games with Kelly and Ike. This will be Ike's first K9 Kampl! I've always wanted to try some sort of agility in the yard with Kelly because she loves to jump (at 11 years old!). And Ike would be awesome at follow the leader since he likes to follow me everywhere anyway. What fun and games would you like to try with your dog? Please join along with K9 Kamp. Join the hop and tell us what you and your dog are going to do to get fit and have fun together!

Don't forget the prizes! Enter our rafflecopter to win great prizes including a leash and collar, a great bracelet from For the Love of a Dog, Dogobie flying discs, and an Amazon gift card.

Want more positive pet tips, good news, and special offers? Fetch my free newsletter, Pawsitively Pets. Kelly and Ike hope to see you there!


  1. Gizmo & I are excited about the Fall semester of K9 Kamp...Besides Paddleboarding we've now taken up kayaking together and are having a great time

  2. Chester is 11 too! Sorry I have been flaking on promoting your book. I have been really scattered and trying to figure out how I am fitting blogging into my life now that Graduate school is started. I promise to write about it at some point.....sooner than later hopefully :)

  3. We are hoping to figure out some fun new activity that our wide range of ages family can participate in. I know we will find something, but the main thing is to get pups and their peeps off the couch and moving around!

  4. This time we're learning to dance since the human's allergies have gone off the chart thanks to fall molds. We crank up the stereo, shove furniture back, and get those wiggle booties going!

  5. Jennifer and DexterOctober 7, 2013 at 1:35 PM

    We're doing walks for the Butte Humane Society and the Bark for Life! Plus more trips to the park!

  6. You're going to love agility! I want to take Shiloh lure coursing... I think it might be the one thing he might like even more than agility- though it's less excercise for me. But we have a Chase-It type toy (basically a big cat toy wand, but strong enough for dogs) that he loves to chase around the yard- and that gets me moving, too.

  7. Jan K, Wag N Woof PetsOctober 25, 2013 at 3:59 PM

    We posted today about our hike in the woods....I know it's not exactly what you suggested, but it was a new fun activity for us!

  8. I'm pledging to take more walks with Sookie. I'm also trying to find other fun activities for us to do. She can be lazy just like her momma so we need something that will get both our butts off the couch!

  9. I am starting to run with my dog Sissy. I usually run by myself in the morning but now when we go for our walks, we are going farther and jogging the hills. This will help us get more fit.


Kelly and Ike say thank you for your comments!