Monday, July 7, 2014

Come See what's New, and win a book too!

Notice something different?
I've got a new look!
You might be wondering what happened to Peggy's Pet Place. Recently I've been evaluating the blog, what I liked and what I didn't like, what worked, and most importantly what might be the most interesting and helpful to you. And I came to the conclusion that what I really enjoy is sharing tales about why we love animals, and why they love us....the same sort of stories I write about in my books, and for Guideposts magazine and Chicken Soup for the Soul. And I want to bring you more posts like that.

So, it was time for a change, a fresh new look and a fresh new name. So, I can be found right here in the same place, same address, but now I have a great new name, The Writer's Dog .  And, as for the new look--well, I love being outdoors, the green mountains (after all, I'm from Vermont, the Green Mountain State) and clouds in the blue sky. Jodi (you probably know her from Kohl's Notes), whose own blog is the crisp and clean and gorgeous, came up with this beautiful header for me, and this new layout and design. What do you think? I feel it so perfectly reflects things I love. Thank you Jodi! 




















I sure hope you'll continue to visit me here, and that you'll enjoy the new content and the new look.
Thank you for visiting today!

To celebrate the relaunch, I'm giving away a copy of one of my books. The winner will have the choice of one book:
Dieting with my Dog
The Dieting with my Dog Guide to Weight Loss and Maintenance
Heart to Heart, Hand in Paw

Good luck!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

21 comments:

  1. I like it! Best wishes on your new endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new look is wonderful! It really expresses you much more than the old look.

    You and Jodi did a great job collaborating! Can't wait to see what you have for us next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the site looks. The graphics and layout look awesome! Can't wait to read more you post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout, I love the way it reflects you!!

    Congratulations and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great blog. Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new direction and new design...I LOVE the header!
    As long as there are still lots of stories and photos about Kelly, Ike...and Zeke...I'm a happy reader! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to double check the url at first, thought your blog was gone. Looks nice, relaxing, makes you want to stay for a while and look around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new look! I hope everything continues to go the way you would like :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new look Peggy - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice streamlined new look.
    Thalie F

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the new look! My favorite things to see on blogs, of course, are giveaways and reviews. But I think I'd also like to see more posts about things to do with your dog (sports, activities, trick training, etc)- beyond just Camp.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the new format. I cant think of anything you should add. I think you have it all covered!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it looks fantastic. Congratulations on your new start! I can't wait to see where you go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the new look is pawtastic!!! The blue is nice and calming...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your website site looks great! Awesome header!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Been following you on Facebook and Goodreads and I love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it's fantastic! The great thing about blogs is it can include whatever you'd like!

    ReplyDelete

Kelly and Ike say thank you for your comments!

ShareThis