Monday, January 19, 2015

Therapy Dog Crossed over the Rainbow Bridge

Last week we said goodbye to Gabriel.



 
I first met Gabriel when my husband was in serious condition in the hospital.
Gabriel walked in and set to work. His calmness comforted me. I think Gabriel would have sat there all day, letting my husband and I pat him, if that's what we needed.





















Gabriel was born to be a therapy dog. He worked in nursing homes, hospitals, schools, libraries, and universities. He helped everyone feel better.



 Gabriel ministered to us many times over the years.












He and his mom Sally became close friends.
















Sadly, cancer took Gabriel.
RIP Gabriel. We love you. You will be terribly missed.


See more about saying goodbye to Gabriel on Guideposts website, Pawprints on my Heart.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. He was a handsome boy. Hugs to all of you.

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about Gabriel. I know he has left behind so many wonderful memories for those who knew and loved him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabriel sounds like such a lovely and gentle soul who helped so many. Run free, Gabriel ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about Gabriel. My condolences to you and his family. He sounds like one swell dog who helped many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad, run free sweet Gabriel
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are doing great work, One of the most important factor you are doing it in a very much better way Lost and found

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gabe was the closest buddy to my very active Goldendoodle, Goldilocks. We loved him soooo. He will be missed by Goldi and I so much. He taught Goldi to be a calmer dog, and not to be afraid, since she had been bitten in the face. He showed her, and I, the kind, caring, ways of a true hero, therapy dog, and how to HEAL the lives of those with worries and sadness. Yes, Gabe was an angel to everyone he met. Next to his family, I feel, Goldi and I, will miss him the most. I for one, dry my tears daily, and know King, just like Gabe, will now, more than ever, show Goldi exactly how to HEAL, through the memory of his brother, everyone's Angel Gabe.

    ReplyDelete

Kelly and Ike say thank you for your comments!

ShareThis