Friday, November 13, 2015

How to be a therapy Dog by Ike- part 2

Hi. Ike here.


















If you read my post last week, you know that I'm going to school. Mom says that I'm going to be a therapy dog. I am so excited, because I know Mom and Dad were both helped by therapy dogs, and I want to help others too.

Last week there were only three dogs--me, a Bernese Mt. Dog, and a pit bull.
This week school was much more crowded--4 golden retrievers, 3 labradoodles, 1 Bernese Mt. Dog, 1 pit bull, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Just kidding about the partridge.

Here's me and my pal Moses.
















And a new friend, Dixie. She came from Tennessee.

















Things got a little crowded with the whole gang. But everyone is so focused on trying to learn, we all got along together fine. Her we are practicing our sit-stays.






















Hi Dad! (He's taking the pictures!)






















Moses is learning his recall. At first he got so excited, he bounded up to his handler, bouncing like a (HUGE!) bunny! The trainer helped him learn to calm down a bit.














I'm supposed to SIT in front of Mom when I do my recall. I forgot.






















Here I am with the trainer. She's using me to demonstrate something. I'm more interested in looking at Mom.























What do you think? Do you think I'll ever make it as a therapy dog? It's a lot of hard work. We only have 4 more classes to learn everything we're supposed to know. Then we have a TEST. Yikes! I hope I pass.
love,
Ike

5 comments:

  1. You will make someone very happy being a therapy dog
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ike, we think you are going to make an awesome therapy dog! It looks like all that learning is fun too. Good for you and good luck with that test!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Kelly and Ike say thank you for your comments!

ShareThis